I am the honorable flamingo. What you read here might make you smile, make you think, or make you wonder. This is the world as I see it, from the view of a pink, long legged, slightly awkward bird.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Police Chief, Mayor, and Councilman Resigns Over Wife's Adult Website

The resignations of Tod Ozmun, Mayor Dale Moore, and Councilman Clifford Barnard came amid controversy in Snyder, Oklahoma about nude photos posted on the internet of the police chief's wife, Doris Ozmun. Many citizens had hoped for legal action, but after a "thorough" investigation, the town council ruled that the pictures were protected by the first amendment.

While the original pictures have been removed from the internet, no doubt for the good of civilization as a whole, I managed to find this picture of Doris. From what I can tell, it is not the police chief who should have resigned, but in fact the townspeople who were looking for these sort of photos in the first place. Boy do I feel bad for that flag.

But if you think this controversy has made Tod any less accepting of his wife's activities, you would be wrong. In an interview Ozmun said "People in this country do what she does on a daily basis, it's absolutely ludicrous." I might add at the beginning of that sentence, "Much better looking people". Although he says he has spoken with his wife about her activity, he says, "My wife is 6-foot-3 and weighs 300 pounds. If there is somebody that thinks they can control her, have at it. I have tried for 11 years and haven't been able to." I hope there weren't a lot of large criminals in Snyder.

In other news, the police chief in Las Vegas was promoted after nude photos of his wife surfaced on the internet.

No comments: